So day one after losing my boy and I know I have to keep myself occupied and the easiest way to do that is sharing a yummy dog treat recipe. I can only say this is going to be a difficult journey since I have been a stay at home mommy for him for the last year and a half. Since he had Canine Cognitive Dysfunction he would occasionally cry out when I was in the kitchen if he were in the living room. I have heard him cry out every now and then when I am in the kitchen, and when I turn around I realize it is my mind playing games with me because he is not in the living room.
So in tribute to my little guy, and the fact that I have been wanting to join this blog hop since I found out about it. In fact, I have a fascination with mini-cupcakes, so most of the recipes will be mini-cupcakes.
Why do you ask? Two reasons really. The first is I live in the Central Valley of California, and today alone is going to be 107 degrees outside. Yes, it is as hot as heck! And I am not going to turn on the stove to make anything, I even have my husband grill chicken at night & toss it with a pre-made salad from Sprouts so I don’t have to heat up the kitchen! Secondly, I bought this cute little Breville toaster oven that can do it all and with a mini-cup cake pan… we’ll you get the drift.
Banana Mini-Cupcakes2014-11-16 20:12:32Yields 40A fun little cupcake muffin for your dog!Write a reviewCook Time10 minCook Time10 minIngredients
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 smashed over ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup honey (local preferred)
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oatsInstructions
- The oven was pre-heated to 400 degrees.
- All dry ingredients were mixed together and then I added the oil, smashed bananas, honey and egg and whipped by hand until smooth. Lastly I folded in the oats.
- I lightly sprayed the mini-cupcake tin with coconut oil, then dropped 1 tsp of the mixture into each well of the mini-cupcake tin baking each batch 10 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Cool the cupcakes completely on a wire rack. This yields approximately 40 mini-cupcakes.Oh My Shih Tzu http://www.ohmyshihtzu.com/
I decided that the cupcakes lacked a little something, so I decided to try adding a little icing (yogurt & peanut butter), which turned out to be a big hit with all the girls!!
So then it was time for Riley to try… I couldn’t take a picture as fast as she gobbled it down. She actually held it in her mouth for about 30 seconds, but wouldn’t look at me for the shot!!