Where in the world is Riley Shih Tzu? This week we decided to take in a baseball game! As you may know, we are Mariner fans, heck we love Seattle teams in general. But guess what? Riley is not in Seattle… but we were able to catch up with the Mariners!
I’m not too sure if you can tell from the background, but this baseball stadium opened to much fanfare in 1992!
If you guessed we were at Camden Yards home of the Baltimore Orioles then you are right!! And it was here in 1993 that Mariner’s Ken Griffy Jr., during the MLB All-Star Game, hit a home run which hit the B&O Warehouse that runs along Eutaw Street. He is the only player ever to do so! So it’s great to be here and experience a little bit of Mariner history.
When at baseball games I have a love of seating slightly left of home plate, visitors side, just under the canopy. To me this is a prime spot for the game, and safe of any stray foul balls. It was a warm day in Baltimore that day but it turned into a beautiful evening. Riley enjoyed watching the game, and then after a while it became a little too slow for her.
So have you taken your pup to a game? If not, check out some of these great Bark in the Park Games left in the season:
- Miami Marlins – August 2nd at 1:10pm vs. the Padres
- Pittsburgh Pirates – August 4th at 7:05pm vs. the Cubs
- Oakland Athletics – August 6th at 7:05pm vs the Astros
- Pittsburgh Pirates – August 18th at 7:05pm vs. the Diamondbacks
- Colorado Rockies – August 19th at 6:40pm vs. the Nationals
- Cincinnati Reds – August 26th at 7:10pm vs. the Dodgers
- San Francisco Giants – August 29th at 1:05pm vs. the Cardinals
- Washington Nationals – September 3rd at 7:05pm vs. the Braves
- Pittsburgh Pirates – September 15th at 7:05pm vs. the Cubs
- Chicago White Sox – September 16th at 7:10pm vs. the Athletics
- Atlanta Braves – September 20th at 1:35pm vs. the Phillies
- Kansas City Royals – September 22nd at 7:10pm vs. the Mariners
- Cincinnati Reds – September 24th at 7:10pm vs. the Mets
- Pittsburgh Pirates – September 29th at 7:05pm vs. the Cardinals
- Washington Nationals – September 26th at 4:05pm vs. the Phillies
Please check with each stadium for advance ticket sales (many sell out) and vaccination requirements.
We have been looking up things to do with Rae and a baseball game would be amazing! The closest to us would probably be Pittsburgh and lucky for us we have family there! Definitely going to look into this. Thanks for sharing!
GROOVY GOLDENDOODLES says
Every season we have these great intentions of getting tickets for the Washington National games, and every year we blow it 🙁 Looks like you all had a blast.
GROOVY GOLDENDOODLES recently posted…TAIL WAGGIN TUTORS
Lisa Bishop says
LOVE baseball, but I have actually been as bored at a game as Riley appears – so I get it. Busch Stadium usually holds a Pooches in the Park Day sometime in June. I never was able to take my pup, but it looks like fun.
Karen Whitfield says
My son and daughter in law take Thor, their rescued Boxer every year to the Houston Atros game on dog day. He has so much fun and so do they. I wanted to post a pic of him sitting in his seat (He’s a big dude.) but I don’t see an option to post a pic. I think Riley is having a lot of fun. And I agree, Baseball can be a little boring. I am a football gal.
Two French Bulldogs says
You are a supa-star!
Lily & Edward