Though most people set New Years Resolutions, have you ever thought of just setting goals for the upcoming year. For some reason I just hate the word resolution.
Dictionary.com defines each as the following.
Resolution – the act of determining upon an action, course of action, method, procedure, etc.
Goals – the result or achievement toward which effort is directed.
For some reason I like the definition of goals a lot better than resolution. My effort is directed towards a certain achievement, rather than just determining my course of action.
So I was surprised when my husband asked me if and what goals I had for myself and the girls this year. And though I am a little chubby, losing weight was not one of my goals. Dealing with diabetes and now my injury, my goal is to become healthy again. But I wanted to share with your our little lists.
- Pay off credit cards by August.
- Buy new truck in October or November in preparation for the agility circuit in 2016.
- Have Riley ready for the Shih Tzu National Specialty.
- Go to Blogpaws in Nashville, TN at the end of May.
- Grow my social media following:
- Twitter – 5,000
- Instagram – 5,000
- Facebook – 2,000
Some are easier than others, well to be honest #5 is the most challenging out of all of them.
Riley’s Shih Tzu Goals
- Overcome her fear of the teeter.
- Have a 95% success rate on weave pole entries.
- Compete at the Shih Tzu National Specialty in Las Vegas.
- Have at least 1 QQ weekend in agility.
- Have fun going through the Susan Garrett Handling 360 course.
Trixie’s Shih Tzu Goals
- Lose additional 1/2 pound to have a final fit weight of 12.5 pounds.
- Walk 3x/week in fitness quest.
Katie’s Shih Tzu Goals
- Maintain princess appearance.
- Be lead model in our upcoming Fashionista Fridays.
Ise’s Shih Tzu Goals
- Achieving control over allergies
- Begin modeling for Fashionista Fridays.
- Stay cute.
Chicky’s Doggie Goals
- Have surgery to repair hernia.
- Visit doc for teeth cleaning for a healthy mouth and fresh breath!
Molly’s Doggie Goals
- Stop barking at me when I approach my mom!
So there you go! All our goals for the year. I will most likely re-evaluate this list in June to see where we are and if necessary add more to the list.
How about you? Have you ever set goals for your dogs? Let us know!
We are so happy to be joining Monday Mischief hosted by Snoopy’s Dog Blog, Alfie’s Blog & My Brown Newfies!
groovy goldendoodles says
You’ve inspired me! I will now start listing goals on my calendar. Thank you.
Rachel Sheppard says
HEHE! I like Katie’s goals the best 🙂 She will for sure reach those 🙂
Rachel Sheppard recently posted…9 Things to Look for in a New Veterinarian
Happy New Year! Best wishes for achieving all your goals for the upcoming year.
Susan and the gang from Life with Dogs and Cats says
Those are great — and ambitious — goals. Good luck and I hope you and the dogs meet and surpass them!
–Wags (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats.
Susan and the gang from Life with Dogs and Cats recently posted…The Ball Stays Outside
Dolly the Doxie says
Goodness you’re going to have a busy year! Love Dolly
Barbara Rivers says
We set a list of resolutions for 2015, but I do like your differentiation between resolutions & goals! Sending you positive energy to achieve them all!
Barbara Rivers recently posted…How To Train Your Dog To “Speak”!
It's Dog or Nothing says
Love your goals. I really need to sit down and make a set of goals for myself, Mauja, and Atka. I’m better at achieving my goals when I actually write them down.
Hawk aka BrownDog says
Optimism! Love optimism! Me, I don’t make resolutions. I leave it to the Humans. (SHHH! They don’t make resolutions either.)
Y’all come on by,
Hawk aka BrownDog
Hawk aka BrownDog recently posted…Invasion!
Caren Gittleman says
those are certainly ambitious, albeit attainable goals and I am sure you can achieve them! As for me, I HATE the word resolution and prefer to use the word “intentions”……………mine are interesting 🙂
Caren Gittleman recently posted…Pick up your poop with Catch-a-Poo !!! Enter to Win!
Talent Hounds says
These are some great goals! Happy 2015 gang 🙂
Two French Bulldogs says
Lily & Edward
We have lots of goals for our nose work and tracking. The first ones start in a couple weeks, so we will see how it goes. We don’t do resolutions either. Good luck!
Emma recently posted…My Inner Thief Returns